Know The Dangers of Pet Allergies
How many pet owners realize that allergies are a true risk to your pet’s health and general wellbeing? At Casillas Veterinary Hospitals, we make it our goal to provide pet owners with the information and insight they need to maintain their animal’s health. When you visit your vet in Montebello, we’ll talk about how to spot and care for allergies in your pet.
What Are Pets Allergic To?
Like humans, pets face allergies from many elements. When you visit your pet veterinary hospital, we’ll help you uncover what your pet’s specific areas of concern are. Some common pet allergies include:
- Fleas and other parasites
- Grasses and pollens
- Indoor irritants such as mold and dust mites
- Cleaning chemicals
- Wood, cotton and other fabrics
- Some types of foods in some pets
Do you think your pet may be allergic to something? It’s best to bring him or her in to see our team for an allergy test and screening.
This Summer, Use These Tips to Keep Your Pet Healthy
When summer rolls in, pets are outdoors more and more likely to be exposed to other people, animals, and substances that may create an allergic reaction. These tips from your vet can help you keep your pet less at risk.
- When visiting dog parks, trails, or other areas, monitor for fleas and ticks. Be sure to run your hands over your pet to inspect their fur for any signs of infection.
- Use a preventative flea and tick product that we can recommend for your pet.
- Monitor your animal whenever he or she is outdoors. Don’t let them eat grasses or plants that could cause health issues.
- Bath your dog well. Be sure to give him or her a bath whenever they’ve been outside for a long period of time especially when pollen levels are high.
- Treat your lawn and any other area where your pet may spend time thoroughly for fleas and ticks, but also for weeds.
- Monitor what your pet is eating no matter where he or she goes. Be careful providing new foods.
Most importantly, bring your pet in to see the vet if you notice any changes in the animal’s behavior or skin. It’s important to understand that your pet’s itchy skin or red eyes are a symptom of an allergy that requires care.
Schedule a Pet Exam at Your Vet Office Serving Montebello, East Los Angeles, Lynwood, and the Surrounding Areas
Casillas Veterinary Hospitals provide your pet with the care need for any allergy. Our hospital services patients in Montebello, East Los Angeles, Lynwood, and the surrounding area. Call us today to discuss any symptoms of allergies or for a wellness exam. Call 323-726-1525.